Re: GIF again.....

JD Smith wrote:

> http://www.imagemagick.org/
>
> Seems to be the way to go.  Some enterprising tester of Ronn Kling's
> book could even create a DLM which links to the ImageMagick libraries
> and write GIF's directly.  Given that PNG is a better format
> (http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/pngintro.html), especially for the web,
> maybe the interim convert-from-png route is preferrable.  We don't want
> to make writing GIF's *too* easy.  For those who don't know of the GIF
> (or rather LZW compression) issue:
> http://cloanto.com/users/mcb/19950127giflzw.html
>
> JD

That imagemagick site looks terrific - thanks for the tip.

I am happy to discontinue creating gifs, but I have about
1000 gifs I've made already that I would like to be able to read!
I am sure this is a problem for others as well, and it really
is crippling to many people. I know several people who are
not upgrading to IDL5.4 for just this reason.

Dick