Re: Bessel Functions and Numerical Recipes

> Another question:
>
> Has anyone converted a substantial portion of
> Numerical Recipes [e.g., Fortran], to IDL? Are there public libraries for
> this sort of thing? Numerical Recipes algorithms seem much more
> stable/reliable than those in IDL and I have the complete Fortran code for
> most Numerical Recipes but find it tedious to manually convert between
> languages each time I want a program.

Numerical Recipes in C have been ported to IDL and are part of it. The
routines are documented as such in the IDL Reference Guide.

However, take a look at http://math.jpl.nasa.gov/nr.html and you might
wonder if it is a good idea to use these routines...

--
Jean Koclas
jean--at--koclas--dot--com