Re: MPEG and IDL 5.4

After using the new and improved MPEG features in 5.4 I suggest brewing your
own animation.  The improvements are much appreciated but the MPEG
compression scheme isn't really designed for the types of animations created
from within IDL.

Try it, if you are unhappy with the results write a PNG image for each frame
and use a program to string them together.  I have used videomach on windows
(a shareware program) to create .avi files with great success but there are
many other programs that can do this.

-Rick Towler

xZ_m6.129$Ox3.4079@newsfeed.uchicago.edu">news:xZ_m6.129$Ox3.4079@newsfeed.uchicago.edu...