Re: units conversion

Jason Li <jylimd@yahoo.com> writes:
> Hi,
>
> MODTRAN package outputs atmospheric profile in tape 6. The physical unit
> used for the gas concentration is in ATM CM/KM.  I want to convert it to any
> one of the following units:
>
> g/Kg
> ppmv,
> g/m3

I'm still wondering: what's the big deal?  If you need three
conversions, then you can probably figure the scale factors once for
all three and just put them in your code.  [ It must be harder than
this. ]  In fact, given that that this was cross-posted to
meteorology, is it even related to IDL at all?

Craig