imaging Complex numbers

i have an array of complex numbers. We use this array for TV' íng
complex data from OUR NMR console.
Thus all the pictures are coverted to real-space through fourier transform
and ABS() to make the comlex array a number.

But, what if I want to image the Real and Imaginary part seperately as well?
I can't split the real and imaginary part out in an array, after I have set
COMPLEX.
Any ideas?? An example
E=FLTARR(3,3)
C=COMPLEX([1,2,3], [3,4,5])
E(*,*)=C

UNCOMPLEX ???
I don't know

ps. Is there someone else who uses these kind of algorithms for NMR/MRI in
IDL, or other programs also regarding NMR image processing?