[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Widget event handlers
- Subject: Widget event handlers
- From: Joe Means <means(at)fsl.orst.edu>
- Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 16:58:42 -0800
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Network for Education and Research in Oregon
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; m18) Gecko/20010131 Netscape6/6.01
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:23811
In a widget program [TranslateAxies] I am writing I specify an event
handler function for each widget that can generate an event. I specify
event handlers for each text and button widget but not for base and
label widgets [no bases are resizeable]. No base widgets can be
resized. The GUI includes text boxes for user input. When I ran the
program initially, put text in any box and clicked enter, I always got
Attempt to call undefined procedure/function: 'TRANSLATEAXIES_EVENT'.
So I put a do-nothing procedure with this name in the
TranslateAxies_EventCB file. Now I do not get the error. Also, all the
text widgets and their event functions seem to run fine [when I click
return after entering a value in the text field], because their values
in the info structure are updated OK.
It does not seem like I need this do-nothing proceedure. Can anyone
tell me why it is needed?
Also, when I type text in a text widget it will not call the event
function to update the value in the info structure if I click tab to
move out of the field. Why is this?
Joseph E. Means
Assistant Professor, email@example.com
Department of Forest Science
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97331-5752