Re: Plotting values in a map.

David wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I'm an absolute begginer in IDL an perhaps this is a very simple question...
>
> I'm working with an 193x92 array and I'd like to plot the values point by
> point in a map. I have been using contour, but in this case I need to plot
> the points independently (I have values over the Ocean only). I'm thinking
> in somethig similar (but better) to the POST command in surfer
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> David

I usually use PLOTS for (small numbers of) individual points on maps? For gobs of points
maybe PLOT would be better but with PSYM keyword = some +ve number (i.e. symbols and no
lines).

paulv

--
Paul van Delst           A little learning is a dangerous thing;
CIMSS @ NOAA/NCEP        Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring;