contour labels question

Hey there,

IDL> print, !version
{ x86 linux unix 5.4.1 Jan 16 2001      32      32}

The docs for the C_LABELS keyword for CONTOUR tell me:

"C_LABELS
 Specifies which contour levels should be labeled. By default, every other contour level
is labeled."

I don't get *any* labeling by default. Is there something other that needs to be done?
Specifying the number of levels? I'm surprised doing a simple

contour, z, x, y

doesn't give me labels every other contour.

paulv

--
Paul van Delst           A little learning is a dangerous thing;
CIMSS @ NOAA/NCEP        Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring;