subscripts and superscripts in plot labels and titles ?

Hia

I just started using IDL today and encounterd the following problem.
I would like to use subscripts and superscripts (indeces and exponents)
in my axis labels. I can not find any instructions how to do this.
In case it is important: I use the POSTSCRIPT (encapsulated) device.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers
	Jochen

 *  Jochen Weller                      Tel. +44 1223 337941                   *
 *  D.A.M.T.P.                         Fax: +44 1223 765900                   *
 *  Centre for Mathematical Sciences                                          *
 *  University of Cambridge            www:  www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/jw249/  *
 *  Wilberforce Road                   e-mail: J.Weller@damtp.cam.ac.uk       *
 *  Cambridge, CB3 0WA                                                        *