Re: IDL 5.4 and MacOS 9.1

David Fanning wrote:

> Bob Fugate (rqfugate@mindspring.com) writes:
>
> > Does somebody has experience with IDL 5.4 on a G3 with MacOS 9.1?
> > On our system it is starting very slow, so we have to wait for more than one
> > minute after loading.
>
> I seem to remember a posting that said the slow startup
> was done the very first time, so things could be
> organized, but after that the startup was as fast
> as normal.

I believe this had to do with opening a *.pro, new to the particular session,
rather than to starting IDL itself.
We have IDL5.4 on a G4 running MacOS9.1.   I never noticed the startup of IDL to
be especially slow; but for a guy who doesn't know better, Firestone tires look
pretty good.

> Pavel seems to have given up on us, much to
> my personal disappointment. He would know about this. :-(

His presence and sparkle are missed here.

--
Ben Tupper
248 Lower Round Pond Road

Tel: (207) 563-1048