Re: problem executing code "saved" using SAVE command

Sorry about the html -- didn't realize that.

Anyway, I tried your compile routine.  I was able to create the
main_gui.sav file.  But it did not work because for some reason it
didn't recognize one of my functions (although it was compiled).  One
explaination (maybe) is that I don't have the procedures compiled in a
strict order.  For instance, a procedure may use another procedure that
was compiled after the first one.  Also, the 'print,main_gui_info()' did
not work either.

Your suggestion of restoring the '.sav' file in the IDLDE was a good
one.  I tried it.  Sure enough it works like it is supposed to.  So, I'm
still stuck with a working version when running from IDLDE, but problems
when running it as a run-time program.

thanks anyway.
  --tom