NPAC (Nuclear/Particle/Astro/Cosmo) Forums
Organized by: Prof. Sridhara Dasu
Events on Thursday, July 12th, 2018
- Please join us celebrating a major breakthrough in multimessenger astrophysics led by the IceCube Neutrino Observatory!
- Time: 9:30 am
- Place: Room 1111, UW-Madison Biotechnology Center (425 Henry Mall, Madison, WI 53706)
- Speaker: Profs. Justin Vandenbroucke and Prof. Jay Gallagher, UW Madison Physics & Astronomy
- Abstract: UW-Madison scientists, Justin Vandenbroucke and John Gallagher, will briefly introduce the project and the leadership role that the Wisconsin IceCube Particle Astrophysics Center has played for the last 30 years. After that, we will stream a live press conference organized by IceCube and NSF in Alexandria (VA). At the end of the press conference, Prof. Vandenbroucke and Prof. Gallagher will answer questions from participants. Coffee and pastries will be provided.
If you can’t attend, but would like to learn more about this breakthrough, you can follow the press conference from wherever you are at https://www.youtube.com/c/VideosatNSF/live at 10 am US CDT. You can also learn more about it and ask questions on a follow-up Reddit Ask Me Anything starting at 11:30 am.
- Host: IceCube Collaboration