Events at Physics
|<< Fall 2014||Spring 2015||Fall 2015 >>|
|Subscribe to receive email announcements of events|
Events on Wednesday, April 8th, 2015
- Physics Education Innovation Seminar
- Active Learning in Large Enrollment Classes: Literature Review
- Time: 11:00 am
- Place: 5310 Chamberlin Hall
- Speaker: Peter Timbie, UW Madison - Physics
- Abstract: The Department has been asked to participate in UW's REACH (REdesign for ACtive learning in High-enrollment courses) program.
I will review a few classic papers about active learning, including:
"Improved Learning in a Large-Enrollment Physics Class"
Science 332, 862 (2011)
Louis Deslauriers, Ellen Schelew, and Carl Wieman, and
"Large-scale comparison of science teaching methods sends clear message"
PNAS 111(23)8319 (2014)
- Host: Duncan Carlsmith