Events at Physics
|<< Fall 2018||Spring 2019||Fall 2019 >>|
|Subscribe to receive email announcements of events|
Primary Source Material
Nick Lane, The Vital Question: Energy, Evolution and the Origins of Complex Life (2015). W. W. Norton & Company, New York City.
Some Discussion Points
1) What is life?
2) What do the 3 Kingdoms of Life have in common and how do they differ?
3) What are the impacts of lateral gene transfer on linear descendance and the Tree of Life?
4) How does the chemistry of the ancient oceans compare to today’s oceans?
5) How did organic chemistry and cell structures emerge?
6) How likely is extraterrestrial life in the universe?