[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: RSI / CreaSo survey: Whish list
Well since a few other folks are airing their wishes, here are mine.
- IDL Compiler for development of standalone applications. Yes I would
like to distribute or even sell some programs without requiring the end
user to shuck out $1500 for IDL first. Now if IDL was only a couple
of hundred bucks well... maybe we would not need this capability. I would
not mind buying this compiler as a separate option.
- Multi threading for asynchronous widget event processing (eg. this could
get you your desired command prompt while running a widget).
- WYSIWYG for printing (sorely needed and a very high priority on my list)
- Lower cost for IDL for Linux for current licensed users (like $250)
- The Hypertext help needs a lot of work (too slow and search engine lousy)
- Standardized parameter order for similar functions (like INTERPOLATE
and ITNERPOL, SPLINE, ...)
- Special widgets for low res (ie notebook computer) displays. These should
be "micro sized" and expand to usable/readable size when the cursor passes
- Dual color tables. One for "standard items" such as foreground/ background
axis lines and labels (this might be only 2-5 colors in length). The
second for color images and contour plots. This way there would be no need
for twiddling either fore/back-ground keywords or scaling images to fit
above, below, or between the "standard colors" in a single color table.
If you have run into the problem, then you know what I mean. Maybe this
could be implemented by adding a few system variables.
Dr. Joseph M. Zawodny KO4LW NASA Langley Research Center
E-mail: J.M.Zawodny@LaRC.NASA.gov MS-475, Hampton VA, 23681-0001