[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Breaking on Math Warnings?
- Subject: Breaking on Math Warnings?
- From: Scott Norton <norton(at)optics.rochester.edu>
- Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 15:56:16 -0800
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: PSINet
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:13280
Can anyone tell me how to have a program "break" on math warnings in
For instance, if Gauss2Dfit doesn't converge, how can I "respond" to
If I get a "% Program caused arithmetic error: Floating underflow", how
do I "check"
The CATCH procedure explicitely says that it does not "catch" these
types of errors...
"Calling CATCH establishes an error handler for the current procedure
that intercepts all errors that can be handled by IDL, excluding
non-fatal warnings such as math errors."