[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: IDL Syntax ?
- Subject: Re: IDL Syntax ?
- From: davidf(at)dfanning.com (David Fanning)
- Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 15:03:06 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Fanning Software Consulting
- References: <37C4534D.CFEC21EB@mindspring.com>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:16314
Eric Kihn (email@example.com) writes:
> I'll hope this isn't too FAQ but...
> 1) Is there an escape sequence for IDL strings? Ie if what I want is
> Hello <return>
Depends on what you are doing here. If you are trying
to print it, you can do this:
Print, "Hello" + String(10b) + "There"
If you are putting it on a title of a plot, or
writing it into a graphics window, you can do this:
XYOutS, 0.5, 0.5, Align=0.5, /Normal, "Hello!CThere"
> 2) When using Map_Set I see lots of keywords for rotation, orientation,
> etc but nothing to restrict the displayed lat lon. If what I want is a
> lat-lon box (Not global) with continent overlays for example should I be
> using something else? I'll gladly take and RTFM if someone can say
> which FM?
Not sure what you are asking for with "lat-lon box",
but perhaps it is the LIMIT keyword. (?)
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155