[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: IDL 5.1.1: Going from True_Color to Pseudo_Color on one session
- Subject: Re: IDL 5.1.1: Going from True_Color to Pseudo_Color on one session
- From: davidf(at)dfanning.com (David Fanning)
- Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 18:26:48 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl,comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Fanning Software Consulting
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl:1604 comp.lang.idl-pvwave:16456
Bill Capehart (email@example.com) writes:
> Can we bounce between
> device, true_color=24 and
> device, pseudo_color=8
> in a single session,
> Three of used to this all the time in old versions of IDL and 'Wave and
> either something has changed or we've gone foggy and forgot the magic
> missing step. We've used it before after and inbetween "window" commands
> and nothing has worked.
> The only way for it to work is to use one in a given session and stick with
> It's got to be something simple... Ideas?
Uh, switch back to PV-Wave, where you COULD do this
if no windows were currently open. But it ain't gonna
happen in *any* version of IDL. :-)
P.S. Let's just say RSI believes in commitment.
And I believe it in too. Especially since I have the
only book out that shows you how to write programs that
work the same in either of these two environments. :-)
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155