[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
ANNOUNCE: spice-dlm, an IDL interface to the SPICE toolkit
- Subject: ANNOUNCE: spice-dlm, an IDL interface to the SPICE toolkit
- From: Ed Santiago <esm(at)lanl.gov>
- Date: 01 Jun 2000 13:28:16 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:19848
[ if you don't use JPL's SPICE toolkit, hit "n" now ]
I've written a DLM package for accessing SPICE functions from IDL. If
you work with the SPICE toolkit from NAIF/JPL, you may find this useful.
The package provides simple IDL function/procedure interfaces to most
of SPICE, with a few exceptions. Usage messages are available, and
type conversions are automatic. Error handling conforms to what
you're accustomed to in IDL.
It's pretty solid. I've been using it for over a year with excellent
results. There's still room for improvement, though.
spice-dlm is Open Source, and registered at SourceForge. If you want
to work on it, you can.
For more information, see:
Eduardo Santiago Software Type firstname.lastname@example.org RKBA!