Board of Visitors
The charge to the Physics Department Board of Visitors is to:
- Advise and assist the Department in increasing awareness among alumni, students, peers, and the general public of the Department’s achievements.
- Assist the Department and the UW Foundation in fundraising for needs that are not met by general purpose revenue.
- Serve as ambassadors and advocates for the Department.
- Advise on mechanisms for optimizing the collective impact of the Department’s research activities.
- Provide mentoring, networking, and career assistance to Physics undergraduates, graduate students, and post-doctoral associates.
- Help the Department assess the impact of new research directions on society.