Theory Seminar (High Energy/Cosmology)
Events on Tuesday, May 21st, 2019
- Ice Fishing for Neutrinos: Exploring the mysteries of the cosmos from beneath the South Pole
- Time: 9:00 am
- Place: H.F. DeLuca Forum, Discovery Building (WID)
- Speaker: Francis Halzen, UW-Madison
- Abstract: Dr. Francis Halzen will deliver the keynote address for the keynote address for HTCondor Week 2019. This is the annual users group conference for the HTCondor project, which provides a distributed data-processing platform used by some the largest scientific collaborations in the world (LIGO, CERN, CMS, IceCube, others). Dr. Halzen will tell the remarkable story of the IceCube project and their journey to uncover some of the cosmos' most elusive mysteries with a 1km^3 neutrino detector buried deep in the Antarctic ice sheet.
- Host: Center for High Throughput Computing