Events at Physics
Events on Tuesday, September 28th, 2010
- Chaos & Complex Systems Seminar
- "Simplest Chaotic Circuit"
- Time: 12:05 pm
- Place: 4274 Chamberlin Hall
- Speaker: Bharathwaj Muthuswamy, Milwaukee School of Engineering/Dept of Electrical Engineering
- Abstract: A chaotic attractor has been observed with an autonomous circuit that uses only two energy-storage elements: a linear passive inductor and a linear passive capacitor. The other element is a nonlinear active memristor. Hence the circuit has only three circuit elements in series.We discuss this circuit topology, show several attractors and illustrate local activity via the memristor's DC v-i characteristic.