Events at Physics
Events on Thursday, May 16th, 2019
- R. G. Herb Condensed Matter Seminar
- Coherence and wave-particle duality relations
- Time: 10:00 am
- Place: 5310 Chamberlin Hall
- Speaker: Prof. Mark Hillery , CUNY
- Abstract: Traditional wave-particle duality relations quantify the trade-off between path information and interference visibility of a particle in an interferometer. The recent development of the quantum resource theory of coherence has led to the definition of several new measures of quantum coherence. These can be used to develop new wave-particle duality relations that demonstrate how coherence and path information are complementary quantities. We illustrate this with a wave-particle game.
- Host: Saffman
- Cosmology Journal Club
- Time: 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Place: 5242 Chamberlin Hall
- Abstract: Please visit the following link for more details:
Feel free to bring your lunch!
If you have questions or comments about this journal club, would like to propose a topic or volunteer to introduce a paper, please email Ross Cawthon (email@example.com) and Santanu Das (firstname.lastname@example.org).