M.S. In Physics – Quantum Computing Events
Events on Thursday, November 12th, 2020
- Chicago Quantum Summit
- Time: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Speaker: Various, see website and agenda
- Abstract: We are pleased to invite you to this year’s Chicago Quantum Summit, a virtual event that will be held November 11 – 13, 2020. The Summit will capitalize on the current momentum of quantum efforts across the Chicago Quantum Exchange and the US. The three-day program of half-day sessions will include industry and government presentations on the future of quantum information science and technology, discussions with leaders from the recently announced national quantum research centers funded by DOE and NSF, and dialogue to grow the quantum economic ecosystem.
Due to the virtual format, we anticipate that this Summit will convene a broad audience of more than 1,000 participants, including professional and student representatives from quantum programs across the country spanning universities, national labs, companies, and government agencies. We look forward to your participation in the 2020 Chicago Quantum Summit.
See for full info.
- Fueling Discovery
- Time: 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Place: Visit to register and receive the link
- Speaker: Mark Saffman and others
- Abstract: Learn about the important, curiosity-driven research happening in UW–Madison’s College of Letters & Science (L&S), along with its life-changing impacts on our lives today and on future generations. By attending this online event — moderated by L&S dean Eric Wilcots — you’ll enrich your mind with flash talks from some of the UW’s top faculty members, who appeared in the Wisconsin State Journal earlier this year. Topics discussed at this program will include:
Storytelling that helps heal in the wake of disaster
Risk factors that may help demystify schizophrenia
A promising future in solving real-world problems with quantum computers
- Host: WARF