NPAC (Nuclear/Particle/Astro/Cosmo) Forums
Organized by: Prof. Lu Lu
Events on Thursday, December 3rd, 2020
- Search for pp → ttc, ttt and btb at the LHC as Probe of Top-changing Extra Higgs Bosons
- Time: 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Place: Zoom:
- Speaker: George W.S. Hou , National Taiwan University
- Abstract: With the absence of New Physics at the LHC or elsewhere, we argue that a general two Higgs doublet model (g2HDM) with extra Yukawa couplings as the compelling ― and accessible ― New Physics. The exotic H, A and H+ bosons should be sub-TeV in mass, but well-hidden from our view so far by
1) fermion mass-mixing hierarchy,
2) alignment (small h(125)-H mixing), and
3) (the mysterious) near-diagonal d-type extra Yukawa coupling matrix.
We give a general perspective on search strategies at the LHC, focusing on extra top Yukawa couplings, both top changing and conserving, of the exotic Higgs boson. These couplings connect with electroweak baryogenesis and the electron electric dipole moment, and there is a plethora of other flavor observables. At the LHC, we advocate the cg → ttc, ttt and btb production processes, and urge experimental search.
- Host: Kevin Black