Events at Physics
Events on Wednesday, June 16th, 2021
- Physics ∩ ML Seminar
- Explaining Neural Scaling Laws
- Time: 11:00 am - 12:15 pm
- Place: Online Seminar: Please sign up for our mailing list at www.physicsmeetsml.org for zoom link
- Speaker: Ethan Dyer, Google
- Abstract: Neural networks exhibit systematic, empirically predictable, performance gains as a function of dataset and model size over many orders of magnitude. I will discuss recent work attempting to understand the origin of these neural scaling laws in deep neural networks and solvable models.