Climate & Diversity
Events on Wednesday, August 31st, 2022
- Bystander Intervention Skills for Physics Faculty and Staff
- Time: 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
- Place: 2223 Chamberlin
- Speaker: Tamie Klumpyan, UW Office of Human Resources
- Abstract: Have you ever witnessed something that left you uneasy or concerned for another person at work, but you didn’t know how to step in and improve the situation? You are not alone. It is common to feel unsure of what to do when we witness behavior that concerns us.
Through reflection, discussion and practice, you will explore with colleagues how you can effectively step in when concerning workplace situations arise.
• Learn - effective bystander intervention principles and practices
• Practice- assess a concerning workplace situation and identify motivations and hesitations to interrupt
• Options - consider various options to effectively interrupt negative situations through a 4D Intervention Model
- Host: Mark Eriksson