Events at Physics
Events on Tuesday, June 6th, 2023
- Graduate Program Event
- Will gamma rays break superconducting quantum computers? And can surface encapsulation improve the performance of individual quantum bits?
- Time: 9:00 am - 11:00 am
- Place: 4274 Chamberlin
- Speaker: Sohair Abdullah, Physics Graduate Student
- Host: Robert McDermott
- Dept of Physics - Cookie Potluck - Summer Edition
- Time: 1:00 pm - 1:30 pm
- Place: foyer outside 2241 Chamberlin
- Speaker: Jarrett Rosenberg, Zachary Jerzyk, Sharon Kahn, Graduate Program
- Abstract: We hope the summer has been off to a great start for everyone! In the spirit of community, PGSC, in conjunction with the department, will host a cookie potluck. This event is open to anyone who wants to hang out and eat cookies. We encourage the bakers out there to bring their favorite, home-baked cookies (please provide a list of ingredients for people with dietary restrictions), though this is not required. We hope you will join us!
- Host: Jarrett Rosenberg, Zachary Jerzyk, Sharon Kahn