Events at Physics
Events on Friday, December 9th, 2011
- Physics Department Colloquium
- Holiday Colloquium
- Time: 4:30 pm
- Place: 2103 Chamberlin Hall (Beer and Pizza at 4:00 pm)
- Speaker: 3rd Year Physics Graduate Students, UW Madison Department of Physics
- Abstract: We will describe recent experiments in which it has been conclusively shown that the incidence of sleep deprivation amongst the graduate student cohort is sharply peaked around the fall semester of the third year. High resolution spectroscopic studies have shown that this peak corresponds to a non-analytic singularity in the colloquium schedule. We're no strangers to this kind of behavior, and we demonstrate that the humor integral of this peak is enhanced under the presence of free beer and pizza. You know the rules, and so do we, so we won't be showing slides with nothing but text. A full 90 minutes of live action and video comedy is what I'm thinking of. You wouldn't get this from any other class. We just want to tell you about our research. Gotta make you understand: the third years are never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and desert you. Never gonna make you cry. Never gonna say goodbye. Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you...
Pizza and Beer at 4:00 pm. You will need a wristband to drink beer. To get a wrist band you will need an ID. Please see Renee in 2320 Chamberlin on Friday or outside 2103 Chamberlin at 4pm.
- Host: Department of Physics