Events at Physics
Events on Thursday, April 14th, 2016
- R. G. Herb Condensed Matter Seminar
- Dynamically corrected entangling gates for spin qubits
- Time: 10:00 am
- Place: 5310 Chamberlin Hall
- Speaker: Jason Kestner, UMBC
- Abstract: Spin qubits have recently demonstrated high fidelity single-qubit rotations and relatively long coherence times in a variety of experiments. High fidelity two-qubit entangling operations are the next challenge on the path towards scalable universal quantum computation. In this talk, we present recent theoretical results for dynamical decoupling protocols that protect the generation of entanglement. For capacitive coupling, we show that access to a particular set of high-fidelity single-qubit gates is sufficient to eliminate a large portion of the coherent error coming from low-frequency hyperfine and charge noise during the basic two-qubit operation, bringing CNOT gate fidelity up to the level of single-qubit gate fidelities. We will also discuss how to produce the basic entangling operation and the necessary single-qubit operations, as well as extensions to other coupling types.
- Host: Coppersmith
- Cosmology Journal Club
- An Informal discussion about a broad variety of arXiv papers related to Cosmology
- Time: 12:15 pm
- Place: 5242 Chamberlin Hall
- Abstract: Please visit the following link for more details:
Please feel free to bring your lunch!
If you have questions or comments about this journal club, would like to propose a topic or volunteer to introduce a paper, please email Amol Upadhye (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Host: Amol Upadhye