Events at Physics
Events on Tuesday, February 26th, 2019
- Chaos & Complex Systems Seminar
- Our changing National climate: Vulnerabilities to adaptations
- Time: 12:05 pm - 1:00 pm
- Place: 4274 Chamberlin (refreshments will be served)
- Speaker: John Young, Wisconsin State Climatology Office
- Abstract: The results of a national climate assessment are released at four-year intervals. They represent analyses of extensive weather and climate data. The first scientific analyses for the US and its specific climate regions was released in November 2017, and the most recent one addresses the impact of specific changes and attendant risks and adaptation challenges.
I will explain some highlights of the findings, with illustrations from trends in average seasonal climate and extremes, regional differences, and considerations of future adaptation challenges.
- Host: Clint Sprott
- Council Meeting
- Time: 3:30 pm
- Place: 2314 Chamberlin Hall