Events at Physics
Events on Tuesday, June 21st, 2022
- GREAT IDEAS DEI Reading Group
- GREAT IDEAS DEI coffee hour
- Time: 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Place: Chamberlin 4274 or online at
- Abstract: We would like to invite you to the next GREAT IDEAS DEI reading group, which will be held June 21st, 2022 in Chamberlin 4274. There will be coffee and snacks provided for the discussion.
We will be discussing an article by Jeffrey Mervis, “Fix the system, not the students” (https://www.science.org/content/article/diversity-researchers-say-fix-system-physics-not-students). We will also go over an article summary and we welcome attendees who haven't had an opportunity to read the article.
GREAT IDEAS stands for Group for Reading, Educating, And Talking about Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, & Advocacy in Science. It is a multimedia reading group dedicated to amplifying the experiences of underrepresented groups in science and academia in order to become better advocates for our peers. GREAT IDEAS is open to everyone (students/ faculty/ staff/ etc), and all are welcome and encouraged to engage with the material and contribute to the discussions.
Accessibility Statement: GMaWiP is committed to providing accessible services, activities, and materials. If you need any accommodations to fully participate in our events or have questions/feedback about the access provided, please contact us at email@example.com!
- Host: GMaWiP (contact Jessie Thwaites or R. Sassella with questions)