Events at Physics
Events on Wednesday, August 3rd, 2022
- Academic Calendar
- 8 week summer session ends
- Abstract: *Note: actual end time may vary.* June 20-August 12, 2022
- Physics Summer Fun
- Weekly Recess
- Time: 12:30 pm - 1:00 pm
- Place: Bascom Hill or 5310 Chamberlin Hall
- Speaker: Sharon Kahn
- Abstract: We hope you’ll take a 20-30 minute break on (some/all) Wednesdays this summer (12:30-1pm) to come play together! For nice days, we’ve arranged to borrow some lawn games from the L&S dean’s office and will likely bring along a frisbee and/or a hackeysack, too. Meet us on Bascom Hill (between Birge/South Hall).
In case of rain, we’ll meet indoors (5310 CH) for board games. Feel free to come play or just hang out!
- APS Chapters Virtual Seminar
- Time: 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Place: Chamberlin 4274
- Speaker: Marciano Bagnoli
- Abstract: Marciano Bagnoli will be joining us via zoom to talk about his experience in industry. Marciano is a scientist and manager at Bakelite Synthetics where he oversees and implements continuous improvement projects throughout the global organization. He has previously localized cosmetic and thermal-interface material production lines from Japan to the United States. Marciano has also served as a consultant to help small businesses in Germany access international projects throughout the European Union, and award grants to innovative start-up companies. In addition, he designs, equips, and staffs laboratories to ensure the products produced meet strict domestic and international quality standards.
Coffee and snacks will be provided to those joining in person!
- Host: Luca Riitano