Events at Physics
Events on Friday, August 12th, 2022
- Physics Town Hall
- Physics Town Hall - Reporting
- Time: 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- Place: 2241 Chamberlin Hall or
- Speaker: various speakers
- Abstract: As a result of the 2021-22 climate study, a number of people in our department have been exploring campus reporting systems with a variety of colleagues across campus. In an effort to share and discuss what was learned, we’d like to invite our Physics Department community to a Town Hall event on this subject on Friday, August 12, 2022, at 10am in 2241 Chamberlin. We will share information and discuss the reporting process at UW-Madison and within the Department of Physics.
Joining us for this discussion will be:
• Laura Fisk, HR Associate Director, College of Letters and Science
• Jennifer Horace, Assistant Director – Bias Reponse, Office of the Dean of Students
• Lauren Hasselbacher, Assistant Director of Civil Rights Compliance and Title IX Coordinator
• Lea Aune-Johnson, HR Director, College of Letters and Science
We invite you to join us for this Town Hall, ask questions, and give us any input that you may have. Hope to see you on Friday, August 12, 2022, 10-11am, in 2241 Chamberlin.
Tulika Bose, Professor and Chair, Climate and Diversity Committee
Sharon Kahn, Graduate Program Coordinator
Kevin Black, Professor and Associate Chair for the Graduate Program
Mark Eriksson, Professor and Chair
NOTE: We invite you to join us for this Physics Town Hall in person – 2241 Chamberlin, 10-11am on Friday, 8/12. If you can’t join us in person, feel free to join via zoom here: We will not be recording this session, but we will take and share notes broadly.
- Host: Sharon Kahn