Events at Physics
Events on Friday, November 11th, 2022
- Wisconsin Quantum Institute
- Vescent Photonics: Overview of Technologies & Student Opportunities
- Time: 12:05 pm - 1:00 pm
- Place: 5310 Chamberlin
- Speaker: Eduardo Oteiza, Vescent Photonics
- Abstract: Eduardo Oteiza, Ph.D., will present how Vescent Photonics has become one of the leading designers and manufacturers of lasers, electro-optic tools, and control electronics used in precision optical measurements. Eduardo will provide an overview of their field-deployable products which enable state-of-the-art timing, time transfer, frequency transfer, quantum computing, precision navigation in both GPS-enabled & GPS-denied environments, next-generation spectroscopic techniques, and a host of other applications propelled by Quantum 2.0.
Eduardo will spend the second half of his talk in a more informal session with students, describing some internship and job opportunities available at Vescent for 2023. Undergraduate and graduate students interested in joining a quantum company that has knowledge in circuits, photonics, mechanical systems, and software programming should be sure to attend and bring their questions.
- Host: Thad Walker
- Physics Department Colloquium
- On the Threshold of Laser Fusion Ignition and the Pathway to Inertial Fusion Energy
- Time: 3:30 pm - 6:00 pm
- Place: 2241 Chamberlin Hall
- Speaker: Tammy Ma, LLNL
- Host: Ellen Zweibel