Physics ∩ ML Seminars
Events on Wednesday, November 16th, 2022
- Anomaly detection in the search for new physics
- Time: 11:00 am - 12:15 pm
- Place: Online Seminar: Please sign up for our mailing list at www.physicsmeetsml.org for zoom link
- Speaker: Gregor Kasieczka, Hamburg University
- Abstract: Given the absence of new physics discovered in direct searches at colliders, new strategies revolving around the use of machine learning to discover anomalous events in data are increasingly proposed and carried out. This talk will discuss how such anomaly detectors can be trained in a data-driven way, what key challenges are, and how they can be overcome.
- Host: Gary Shiu