Events at Physics
Events on Monday, April 3rd, 2017
- Plasma Physics (Physics/ECE/NE 922) Seminar
- Fast Ion Confinement in Tokamaks
- Time: 12:00 pm
- Place: 2317 Engineering Hall
- Speaker: Dr. Benedikt Geiger, Max-Planck Institute for Plasma Physics, Garching, Germany
- Cosmology Journal Club
- An Informal discussion about a broad variety of arXiv papers related to Cosmology
- Time: 12:15 pm
- Place: 5242 Chamberlin Hall
- Abstract: Please visit the following link for more details:
Please feel free to bring your lunch!
If you have questions or comments about this journal club, would like to propose a topic or volunteer to introduce a paper, please email Amol Upadhye (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Host: Amol Upadhye
- Theory Seminar (High Energy/Cosmology)
- Hidden Valley searches at the LHCb
- Time: 3:30 pm
- Place: 4274 Chamberlin (SPECIAL LOCATION AND DATE)
- Speaker: Yue Zhao, University of Michigan
- Abstract: Dark shower is a generic feature of the Hidden Valley (HV) models. It has interesting implications on collider studies on Neutral Naturalness models. Bound states in the hidden sector are produced with a high multiplicity, low masses, and long lifetimes. A collider search of such signals requires good vertex resolution, low energy threshold, as well as a good particle id to veto the background. We show that the LHCb provides an ideal environment to study HV models. Further, we compare the sensitivities at the LHCb with those at the ATLAS/CMS.