Events at Physics
Events on Monday, December 3rd, 2018
- Plasma Physics (Physics/ECE/NE 922) Seminar
- The new, flexible upper divertor at ASDEX-Upgrade
- Time: 12:05 pm
- Place: 2241 chamberlin hall
- Speaker: Dr. T. Lunt, IPP Garching
- Abstract: ASDEX-Upgrade is being equipped with anew upper divertor system. This system aims on combining the plasma operation space at ASDEX-Upgrade with flexible tokamak divertor configurations. The system will allow to assess upper single null standard divertors to divertor configurations with enhanced magnetic flux expansion in the snowflake configuration. An overview of the new system and its goals will be given.