Events at Physics
Events on Thursday, May 13th, 2021
- Cosmology Journal Club
- Time: 12:00 pm
- Abstract: Each week, we start with a couple scheduled 15 minute talks about one's research, or an arXiv paper. The last 30 minutes will typically be open to the group for anyone to discuss an arXiv paper.
All are welcome and all fields of cosmology are appropriate.
Contact Ross Cawthon, cawthon@wisc, for more information.
Meeting ID: 93592708053, passcode: cmbadger
- NPAC (Nuclear/Particle/Astro/Cosmo) Forum
- Recent work on high-energy neutrinos
- Time: 2:30 pm
- Speaker: Bei Zhou, Johns Hopkins University
- Abstract: This talk presents our recent work on high-energy neutrinos. The first part is about our searches for high-energy neutrino emission from radio-bright active galactic nuclei (2103.12813), which were claimed by two papers last year to have a 4.1σ correlation with TeV--PeV astrophysical neutrinos detected by IceCube. The second part presents the W-boson and trident production, including their cross sections (1910.08090) and their promising detection prospects in IceCube and IceCube-Gen2 (1910.10720).
- Host: Tianlu Yuan