Events at Physics
Events on Friday, February 24th, 2023
- Physics Department Colloquium
- Climate Change and innovative paths to a sustainable future
- Time: 12:00 pm
- Place: 2103 Chamberlin Hall -
- Speaker: Steven Chu, Stanford University
- Abstract: “Climate Change and innovative paths to a sustainable future” The multiple industrial and agricultural revolutions have transformed the world. However, an unintended consequence of this progress is that we are changing the climate of our planet. In addition to the climate risks, we will need to provide enough clean energy, water and food of a more prosperous world that may grow to 11 billion by 2100. The talk will discuss the significant technical challenges and potential solutions that could provide better paths to a more sustainable future. How we transition to from where we are now to where we need to be within 50 years is arguably the most pressing set of issues that science and innovation has to address.